I’ve been making this recipe for many years, and it’s always a crowd pleaser.
Serving: Makes approximately 2 cups of dressing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Shelf Life: 1 week, sealed container in the fridge.
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I like the brand Maille)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s Real
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (or my favourite: Pecorino Romano)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste (mindful of the salt in the anchovy paste).
- ¼ cup olive oil OR strained bacon fat (or a mix of both)
- Except for the olive oil/bacon fat, mix all other ingredients, until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil/bacon fat, while whisking. Do not pour the oil too quickly, but instead make sure that it has emulsified into the rest of the ingredients before pouring in more. Continue to drizzle and whisk until all the oil has been added.