Who doesn’t love pancakes!? A must have recipe for any busy mom or dad.
Serving: 1 dozen pancakes (varies based on sized)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Shelf Life: Make and serve same day.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk (Only have regular milk? See note below.)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl or, as I frequently do, a large glass measuring cup.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract just until combined. Some small lumps are okay.
- Let pancake batter rest for 10 minutes. While batter rests, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Add butter, or a neutral oil (ie. canola oil), to the pan. If it smokes, the pan is too hot.
- Ladle 1/3 – 1/2 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake (it’s okay if the first one is sacrificial).
- Flip the pancakes over when small bubbles appear on the surface and continue cooking on the opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve with real maple syrup.
Only Have Regular Milk?
No buttermilk, no problem! Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 cup of milk.